Openly Australia is undertaking a public consultation relating to it’s proposed APP Code prior to making an application to register the code in line with section 26F(2) of the Privacy Act 1988.
Submissions are now closed relating to the matters raised within the consultation scope below.
Public Consultation Scope:
The scope of this public consultation includes:
- whether organisations are likely to opt-in to be bound by the code;
- whether organisations that will be bound by the APP code have sufficient resources to implement the code’s requirements;
- whether existing legislation, regulation or a code covers the same or similar topics that may negate the need for this code;
- whether the code adequately imposes additional requirements to those imposed by one or more of the APPs;
- whether the code adequately deals with the internal handling of privacy complaints by all the entities bound by the code;
- whether the code is likely to impose additional regulatory burden upon the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner (OAIC);
- whether the code achieves driving broader cultural changes relating to privacy and transparency;
- whether the code will assist in supporting entities to meet their existing obligations under the Act;
- whether the code is likely to have a positive effect of the privacy of individuals;
- whether individuals are likely to understand the benefits of the code; and
- any other matters relating to the Code.
This public consultation provides an opportunity for individuals, businesses, non-profit organisations and public sector agencies to make submissions relating to the matters raised within the consultation scope above.
Privacy (Openly Australia) Code 2021 - DRAFT
Openly Australia Certification Guidelines - DRAFT
Openly Australia Dispute Resolution Policy - DRAFT
Openly Australia Conflicts of Interest Policy - DRAFT
Openly hosted two town hall style meetings on Friday 19 March 2021 and Saturday 20 March 2021 to answer specific questions or concerns from stakeholders.
The deadline for submissions was 11:59pm Monday 31 May 2021.
Openly will publish each submission as it is received to assist other interested parties in developing their own submissions. If you would like Openly to redact personal information or other information from within your submission before it is shared publicly, please note this within your submission. If you would like your submission to remain fully confidential (not shared publicly) please note this within your submission.
Submissions will be made public on this page once Openly Australia has lodged responses with the interested party.
To contact Openly regarding this public consultation please email email@example.com.
Please note: This email address is intended for use within this public consultation period only. Openly cannot resolve individual privacy queries or disputes via this email address.
Guidelines For Developing Codes, Office of the Australian Information Commissioner
Privacy Codes Register, Office of the Australian Information Commissioner
Australian Privacy Act, Federal Register of Legislation
Public Consultation - Submission Request For Potentially Interested Parties